Qatar Engineering & Construction Company (Qcon) is the leading National EPC & Maintenance Contractor in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Fertilizer and Power industries.
Formally known as MECON, the company was established in 1975. Since then, Qcon has contributed immensely to the hydrocarbon infrastructural development in Qatar.
Qcon employs over 5,000 skilled personnel on permanent basis that are supplemented by short-term personnel as required to meet project needs.
What We Do
Qcon is a multi-discipline industrial Engineering & Construction Company, capable of delivering total solutions to its clients in the Oil & Gas industries.
To focus on the specific needs of its clients, Qcon operates through its three divisions:
- Industrial Projects.
- Maintenance Services.
- Mechanical Fabrication.
Qcon’ s capabilities at a glance
- Major National EPIC & Maintenance Contractor
- “Grade A” Classified Civil Contractor
- “Grade 1” KAHRAMAA Licensed Electrical Contractor
- In-house Workforce of more than 5,000 personnel
- In-house Construction Equipment Resources
- Licensed Medical Facility staffed with licensed Doctor & Nurses
- Accommodation Camps at Industrial Hubs
- Own Marine Yard/ Wharf Side Facility
- Onshore (Salwa) and Offshore (Mesaieed) Fabrication Yards and future RLC Workshop “
Major Multi- Discipline Projects
- Main EPC Contractor
- General Construction Contractor
Single Discipline Projects
large projects in the following discipline :
- Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Civil
Shutdown maintenance for oil, gas and petrochemical plant, including equipment exchange and overhaul, installation of new equipment, ties-ins, catalyst exchange.
Long-term Maintenance Support
Long-term maintenance support contractors for oil, gas, petrochemical and industrial plant, including emergency call-out services.
Rapid Response Team (RRT)
Small and short notice projects in all work disciplines (Technical manpower services, Plant and Equipment hire, Scaffolding hire and erection service)
Marine and Heavy Structural Fabrication Yard
Off shore topside jacket fabrication, Fabrication of platform structures, Large bore pipe spool fabrication, Blasting and painting work.
Light Onshore Structural Fabrication Shop
Pipe and structural prefabrication, pressure vessels and process skids in our ASME certified shop.